The present study is an attempt to carry out action research in the College of Arts & Sciences, Wadi Aldawaser @ Prince Sattam Bin Abdul Aziz University (PSAU). This study is an action research project for promoting students’ confidence in speaking. It attempts to identify the need of improving speaking skills among undergraduate female students through survey. It discovers their expectations regarding the requirement of the oral skills. It tries to test their basic speaking skills and thereby identifies a specific set of strategies necessary for the enhancement of the oral skills based on the needs survey. It finally studies the effectiveness of strategy training course in improving students’ communicative competence in English....
List of publications 2016-2017, Dr Nisar K SK.S. Nisar, F.B.M. Belgacem, Dynamic k-Struve Sumudu Solutions for Fractional Kinetic Equations, Advances in Difference Equations20172017:340, Impact factor 0.335
3. Nisar K S, Gauhar Rahman, Junesang Choi, Shahid Mubeen, Muhammed Arshad, Generalized hypergeometric k-functions via (k, s)-fractional calculus, Journal of Nonlinear Science and Applications, 10, 1791–1800, 2017. Impact factor 1.1764. K. S Nisar, S.R. Mondal, J. Choi, Certain inequalities involving the k-Struve function, Journal of Inequalities and Applications, 1, 2017, 71, dated 2017/4/8, Impact factor 0.6305. M Aldhaifallah, KS Nisar, HM Srivastava, M Mursaleen, Statistical Λ-Convergence in Probabilistic Normed Spaces, Journal of Function Spaces, vol. 2017, Article ID 3154280, 7 pages, 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/3154280., March 19, Impact factor 0.46
6. K. S. Nisar, Rosihan M. Ali, Saiful R. Mondal, Monotonicity properties of the generalized Struve functions, Journal of Korean Mathematical Society, 54,2, 575—598, 2017, Impact factor 0.362, March 20177. K.S. Nisar, Numerical Construction of Generalized Matrix Partitioning Code for Spectral Amplitude Coding Optical CDMA Systems, Journal title: Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Impact factor 0.762, 130, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2016.10.1108. Nisar K S, G. Rahman, D Baleanu, S Mubeen, M Arshad, Erratum to the (k,s)-fractional calculus of k-Mittag-Leffler function, Advances in Difference Equations, 2017(1), Impact factor 0.335
9. Hassan Yousif Ahmed, KS Nisar, Medin Zeghid, SA Aljunid, Numerical Method for Constructing Fixed...
2. http://anandice.ac.in/24icfidcaa-2016/international-committee-members-2/Conference session chair, ICM2017, Ooty Keynote speaker, IIT Indore, 2017. ...
1. Fractional Integration of Generalized Bessel-type Functions and Application to Strong Stabilization of Linear Time Invariant Systems, Deanship of Scientific Research, project No 2014/01/2152, Salman bin Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia, 2014 (finished)
2. Twin Support Vector Machine System identification, FT131015, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia. 2013 (Finished)
3. Subordination property of Bessel functions, Deanship of Scientific Research in University of Dammam, project ID#2014219., University of Dammam, Saudi Arabia.2013 (in Progress)
4. Modeling and Simulation of 10Gbit/s of optical fiber network based on optical code division multiple access (OCDMA) system, Deanship of Scientific Research , project No 877/1/2014., Salman bin Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia.2014 (in Progress)
5. Optimization methods and non-parallel support vector machines, project No 2015/01/4329, Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia. (2015), (Finished)
6. Fractional q-calculus operators and their inequalities, Specialized Research Grant program, Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia, (2015), (Finished)7. Applications of Advanced Mathematical and Signal Processing Engineering Techniques to Machine Learning and Communications Technology (Progress) ...
Virtualization is the central point empowering cloud infrastructure. Many services, such as web-based applications, databases, and instant messaging servers, are running on virtual systems to reduce total cost ownership and generate immediate return on investment. However, applications concerned with latency, such as the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) application, are limited in virtual systems. Hence, in this research, we aim to study the VoIP behavior under virtualization environment. VoIP infrastructure should be equipped with security shield to protect itself from various forms of security threats; this security setup provides additional response time overhead. In this study, we implement VoIP on a virtual machine (VM) and measure various elements, such as signaling and medium transmission. The performance of the proposed system is studied with and without security shield. Virtualization environment never induces delay to the VM–VoIP system, even if it is deployed with security solutions...
Examination and evaluation are two important phases of education at any level of a student’s curriculum. However, these assessment processes are problematic in the sense that they encourage learners to devise ways to be dishonest. The traditional way of conducting exams is particularly conducive to dishonesty. In view of this, this letter proposes an online lab examination management system to prevent misconduct and to secure the process of lab examination....
Compliance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) metric is a major challenge in
a Multiprotocol Label Switching Virtual Private Network (MPLS VPN) because mandatory
models must be maintained on both sides of the MPLS VPN in order to achieve end-to-end
service levels. The end-to-end service of an MPLS VPN can be degraded owing to various
issues such as distributed denial of service (DDoS), and Random Early Detection (RED) that
prevents congestion and differentiates between legitimate and illegitimate user traffic.
Wireless mesh networks (WMNs) have been increasingly applied in private and public networks during the last decade. In a different context, voice over IP (VoIP) has emerged as a new technology for making voice calls around the world over IP networks and is replacing traditional telecommunication systems. The popularity of the two technologies motivated the deployment of VoIP over WMNs. However, VoIP over WMNs suffers from inefficient bandwidth utilization because of two reasons: i) attaching 40-byte RTP/UDP/IP header to a small VoIP payload (e.g., 10 bytes) and ii) 841 μs delay overhead of each packet in WMNs. Among several solutions, VoIP packet multiplexing is the most prominent one. This technique combines several VoIP packets in one header. In this study, we will survey all the VoIP multiplexing methods over WMNs. This study provides a clear understanding of the VoIP bandwidth utilization problem over WMNs, discusses the general approaches in which packet multiplexing methods could be performed, provides a detailed study of present multiplexing techniques, shows the aspects that hinder the VoIP multiplexing methods, discusses the factors affected by VoIP multiplexing schemes, shows the merits and demerits of different multiplexing approaches, provides guidelines for designing a new improved multiplexing technique, and provides directions for future research. This study contributes by providing guidance for designing a suitable and robust method to multiplex VoIP packets over WMNs....
irtualization is the central point empowering cloud infrastructure. Many services, such as web-based applications, databases, and instant messaging servers, are running on virtual systems to reduce total cost ownership and generate immediate return on investment. However, applications concerned with latency, such as the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) application, are limited in virtual systems. Hence, in this research, we aim to study the VoIP behavior under virtualization environment. VoIP infrastructure should be equipped with security shield to protect itself from various forms of security threats; this security setup provides additional response time overhead. In this study, we implement VoIP on a virtual machine (VM) and measure various elements, such as signaling and medium transmission. The performance of the proposed system is studied with and without security shield. Virtualization environment never induces delay to the VM–VoIP system, even if it is deployed with security solutions....
Nowadays, large amounts of data are stored with cloud service providers. Third-
party auditors (TPAs), with the help of cryptography, are often used to verify this data.
However, most auditing schemes don't protect cloud user data from TPAs. A review of the
state of the art and research in cloud data auditing techniques highlights integrity and
privacy challenges, current solutions, and future research directions